Ubiquiti airFiber AF-5XHD Price and Specs in Kenya
Ubiquiti airFiber AF-5XHD description
Ubiquiti airFiber AF-5XHD 5GHz Carrier Backhaul Radio with LTU Technology from Ubiquiti Networks is designed for long-range, Point-to-Point (PtP) backhaul links. It features a high TDD throughput and Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) technology that helps the device achieve low latency. The airFiber 5XHD also allows users to customize backhaul links or upgrade existing PtP links.
The Ubiquiti airFiber AF-5XHD operates frequencies ranging from 4.8 to 6.2 GHz and features a range of 62 miles. Included with this device are a GPS antenna mount, an external GPS antenna, a metal strap, two zip ties, a 24V/1A airFiber PoE adapter with a mounting bracket, and a power cord.
Engineered for Performance
Ubiquiti airFiber AF-5XHD Key Features
- Programmable Transmit Power – The radio transmit power level can be programmed up to +29 dBm
- Programmable Duty Cycle (GPS Synchronized Frames) – The AF-5XHD allows configuration of asymmetric TX and RX duty cycles. TX ratios include 25%, 33%, 50%, 66.7%, and 75%
- Configurable GPS Synchronization – The AF-5XHD offers configurable support for 2, 2.5, 4, and 5 ms frames. Timing is compatible with all other synchronous systems
- Split TX and RX Frequency – The radio can operate on different frequencies for TX and RX, allowing great flexibility for interference avoidance
- Split TX and RX Channel Bandwidth – Support for different channel bandwidths for TX and RX allows users to scale required data capacity more efficiently
- Adaptive Modulation up to 1024QAM – Adaptive modulation rates of up to 1024QAM (4096QAM with targeted upgrade) are supported
- Dual Redundant Gigabit Ethernet Ports with PoE – The AF-5XHD has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to provide redundant PoE power
- OFDM and OFDMA Support – The radio offers flexible scheduling for 2, 4, or 8 subchannels
- Bluetooth Wireless Configuration – Use the built-in Bluetooth interface for wireless configuration
- AlignLock Antenna Aiming Guard – This alerts the user when the radio or antenna aim is changed due to tampering, impact, or storm damage
- User-Configurable Interference Mitigation – Three user-selectable profiles support both high‑interference and greenfield deployments for robust, optimal performance
- Redundant Images for Fail-Safe Configuration – The creation of backup firmware images ensures fail-safe configuration and enhances reliability
- Persistent Spectrum Analysis with Dedicated RX – Perform real-time spectral analysis for the full band on live links without interrupting the link operation
- Wide Voltage Range, Enhanced Surge Protection – The AF-5XHD has an operating voltage range of 19‑50 VDC and provides enhanced surge protection
Ubiquiti airFiber AF-5XHD Software
Spectral Analysis with airView
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference.airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise
- Collects energy data points in real‑time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
5 GHz Backhaul
- Full-Band Certification with DFS – The AF‑5XHD covers the entire, license-free, 5 GHz spectrum and includes DFS approval. Anyone around the world can deploy and operate the AF‑5XHD in the 5 GHz range practically anywhere they choose (subject to local country regulations).
- Optimal Operation in Unlicensed Bands – Channel width flexibility (10/20/30/40/50/60/80/100 MHz) allows independent TX and RX channel frequency configurations anywhere within the radio band to avoid local interference, and the channel centers are selectable in 1 MHz increments. You also have the ability to program different uplink and downlink duty cycles to support asymmetric traffic requirements.
- Ultra-Low Latency with HDD Technology – The AF‑5XHD is designed to provide high TDD throughput and is engineered with proprietary Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) technology. In a backhaul link, two AF‑5XHD radios use patent-pending HDD technology to calculate the propagation delay and know when each radio can transmit and receive, so they send packets in precise synchronization. Packet transmission latency is virtually eliminated
- GPS Synchronization – Precise GPS frame synchronization frees the AF‑5XHD from interference for enhanced co‑location capability. GPS enables the concurrency of TX and RX frames, so you can co-locate the AF‑5XHD radios and enhance the overall performance of your backhaul links.
- Clean Power Output – Using digital pre-distortion compensation and multi-IFFT processing, the innovative RF design delivers ultra-clean power output that improves noise immunity and co‑location performance. This reduces the potential impact on the RF noise environment and allows for the use of higher-order modulation, such as 1024QAM.
GPON/EPON ONU & ONT Routers
Ubiquiti Access Points
Ubiquiti Access Points